Film + Education
Over the next five years we’ll bring stories to you and millions around the globe in an all-out effort to change how people perceive and value the ocean.
Using Motion Pictures To Inspire Change
We are doing what we do best: visiting all the world’s oceans to capture the amazing stories unfolding there in big, beautiful motion pictures. Over the next five years, One World One Ocean, in collaboration with MacGillivray Freeman Films, will produce three 3D IMAX films, an 8-part TV series, a 3D theatrical documentary, and continually updated online videos — all designed to build awareness and inspire people to take action to protect the ocean.
First Up: To The Arctic 3D
The first film presentation of One World One Ocean is the new IMAX® film To The Arctic 3D, a co-production from Warner Bros., MacGillivray Freeman Films, and IMAX Corporation. The film follows a mother polar bear and her two cubs as they navigate the changing Arctic wilderness they call home. To The Arctic 3D premieres in IMAX® theatres in 2012.
Sneak preview footage from To The Arctic 3D can be seen in the new Arctic Home campaign from Coca-Cola and World Wildlife Fund. One World One Ocean is proud to support the Arctic Home initiative—a bold new effort that is raising awareness and funds for polar bear habitat conservation. Learn how you can help protect the polar bear’s Arctic home.
Upcoming Expeditions: One World One Ocean will be filming on Cocos Island in late November. Check back often for updates and field reports.
Our Grassroots Educational Movement
Through partnerships with museums and other educational institutions, we will bring the magic of the ocean and urgency of the issues facing it to viewers worldwide.
- Find one of our exhibits at a museum near you.
- Watch the “Oceans Live” TV series
- Find out if your school qualifies for discounted film admission for underserved students
- Join one of our youth conservation or seniors programs
- Bring our U.S. teacher program to your classroom
- Attend the Ocean Expert speaker series
- Explore our film companion books
- Watch our public service announcements
- Learn about our restaurant campaigns
- Join our swimmer, surfer, diver programs
What do you want to do to preserve our oceans?