Pacific Halibut with Green Peppercorn Sauce
Pacific Halibut with Green Peppercorn Butter SauceBy Ted Walter Serves 4 people
INGREDIENTS:2 bay leaves 1 tsp. green peppercorn (pureed) 1 tsp. capers (pureed) 1 cup white wine 1/2 cup white wine vinegar 2 Tbsp. shallots, purred 3 Tbsp. heavy cream 4 oz. butter, cold salt and pepper, to taste 2 lbs. Pacific Halibut Fillet 1 cup white wine
- Season the fish with salt and pepper. Place the halibut in a baking pan that just fits the fish.
- Add a cup of white wine and a bay leaf on each filet.
- Cover with foil and bake at 350 for 15 minutes, until the halibut begins to flake and is no longer translucent.
- Place green peppercorns, capers, 1 cup white wine, vinegar, shallots, and heavy cream in sauce pan and reduce to a third over high heat.
- Turn heat low and whisk in cold butter slowly.
- Remove from heat when butter is incorporated.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve on top of fish.
Photo by Arnold Gatilao via Wikimedia Commons, Creative Commons License