Pacific Halibut with Ginger-Raisin Crust
Halibut with Ginger-Raisin CrustRecipe and photo by Barton Seaver Serves 4 people
INGREDIENTS:2 1/2 tbsp. butter 1/4 cup raisins, chopped into a paste 3 tbsp. panko 1 tbsp. peeled and grated fresh ginger 2 tsp. ground mace grated zest of 1 orange 2 10-oz portions of Pacific halibut
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees.
- For the coating, melt 2 tbsp. butter and combine it with the raisin paste in a small bowl.
- Add the panko, ginger, mace, and orange zest and mix well. It should be a think and sticky paste.
- Pat the halibut dry, then press the breading paste onto the top and have stick.
- Heat large ovenproof saute pan over medium heat and melt remaining butter. Then place halibut breading side down in the butter.
- Cook, without moving the fish, until coating begins to brown, about 4 minutes. Transfer the pan to the oven and cook for 20 minutes until crispy.
- Once done halibut is flaking apart if slight pressure is applied. Using spatula, turn the fish out of the pan and onto serving plate with breaded side up.