Farmed Scallops with Citrus and Spicy Mango
Citrus Scallops with Spicy MangoMeghan MacGillivray Serves 4 People
4 farmed US scallops salt and pepper olive oil 2 cucumbers, sliced thin on a mandolin 2 grapefruits, sectioned 2 oranges, sectioned 2 mangos, chopped 1 red onion, chopped fine 1 jalapeno, minced 1 lemon, squeezed micro greens, for garnish
- After sectioning the grapefruit and oranges, reserve 1 tbsp. of the juice and set aside.
- Combine the mango, onion, jalapeno, lemon and reserved juice. Season with salt and pepper.
- Season the scallops and briefly saute in a hot, oiled pan. Saute on one side until the scallops do not stick to the pan and have caramelized. Then flip and briefly cook 1-2 minutes on the other side.
- Plate the cucumbers around the bottom of the plate, with sections of grapefruit and orange.
- Plate the scallop in the middle of the plate, and using a ring mold, fill in with the mango mixture (using a slotted spoon to remove extra juice) on top of the scallop.
- Top with a small amount of micro greens.