Arctic Char with Red Pepper Coulis
Arctic Char with Red Pepper CoulisServes 4 People
4 filets Arctic Char, skin on and deboned olive oil salt and pepper juice from 1 lemon
red pepper coulis: 2 red bell peppers 1/2 tbsp. white vinegar 2 shallots, minced 1/2 tbsp white wine 1 tbsp. olive oil salt and pepper
1 russet potato, peeled and sliced into disks 2 tomatoes, chopped 1 bag of arugula juice from 1 lemon olive oil salt and pepper
- First prepare the coulis. Roast the whole red bell peppers over the stove until the outer skin is blackened. Place in a plastic bag for 5 minutes until slightly cooled. Remove the skins and the inner ribs and seeds.
- Place bell peppers along with other coulis ingredients in a food processor or blender and pulse. Add small amounts of the olive oil to form a rough chop, not a puree. Set aside.
- Boil the potato disks until tender and dress the arugula with the lemon, olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Season the Arctic char and get a saute pan hot with olive oil. Sear the skin side down 3-4 minutes and then gently flip. Add the lemon juice and cook for another 4-5 minutes until flaky on the outside, slightly rare in the center.
- Place the dressed arugula in the center of the plate with the tomatoes and potatoes (season the potatoes) surrounding it. Place the coulis on top of the char as well as surrounding it.